Friday, September 12, 2008

More links


I have added more links today to add more resources for everyone. I particularily like the CNN calculators link, as they are really helpful. You can calculate what you need for retirement, see how fast your money will grow, etc. I use them all the time and find them to be very helpful. In fact, I find them probably to be the most helpful tool out there. If you want to achieve a goal, you have to know where you are and where you need to go. The calculators help you determine both. It is funny to me that more people don't use them. I survey people I work with, most of whom never do any sort of retirement planning. I see some of them studying all sorts of things, such as specs on new cars, consumer reports on electronics, etc., but nobody but me wants to study anything about retirement. The small amount of time they spend trying to save a few bucks on an appliance is fine, but if they were to spend the same amount of time organizing their finances, they could make hundreds of thousands of dollars. It just doesn't make any sense. So many don't seem to realize that saving a little now means a lot later. Oh well, live and learn, or better yet, don't live and learn and be poor. Why the picture of the greyhound..?? Because greyhounds are most excellent. No other reason. Just enjoy the pic of this beautiful boy!

No comments: